A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Monday, November 21, 2011

NEC team announced

I’m pleased to announce I am re-standing for a second two year term as a constituency representative on Labour’s National Executive Committee (NEC).

The team I am part of consists of the following six candidates for the six places:
· Luke Akehurst (sitting NEC member)
· Joanne Milligan (National Policy Forum constituency rep)
· Florence Nosegbe (Lambeth Council's Cabinet Member for Culture, Sport and the 2012 Games)
· Ellie Reeves (sitting NEC member)
· Ruth Smeeth (parliamentary candidate for Burton in 2010)
· Peter Wheeler (long-serving NEC member until 2010)

All six of us are proud to be supported by Labour First and Progress.

More info here: http://labourlist.org/2011/11/nec-candidate-team-backed-by-labour-first-and-progress-announced/

1 Comments:

Blogger johnpaul said...

I was disapointed that Both Oona King and Ken Livingstone stood last time baring in mind they had the added bonus of becoming the coming the Mayoral
choice, and then within Months of oona winning she resigned to go to the Lords, Now I Voted for her for the NEC,yet the person who took her place after she stood down, andcame 7th in the NEC election was only just infront of the person who'd came 8th, If I'd known that Oona was to step down ,I might have given my vote to the person who came 8th

4:30 pm, November 22, 2011

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount