A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Three cheers for Rep. Barney Frank

Fruitloop at town hall meeting: " Why do you continue to support a Nazi policy, as Obama has expressly supported this policy, why are you supporting it?"

Congressman Barney Frank (D, Mass): "When you ask me that question, I am gonna revert to my ethnic heritage, and answer your question with a question. On what planet do you spend most of your time?...You want me to answer the question? As you stand there with a picture of the president defaced to look like Hitler, and compare the effort to increase health care to the Nazis, my answer to you is as I said before, it is a tribute to the 1st Amendment that this kind of vile, contemptible nonsense is so freely propagated. Ma’am, trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table - I have no interest in doing it. "

5 Comments:

Anonymous observer's friend said...

Thanks. That clip has warmed the cockles of my heart and will probably put a smile on my face all day.

Now here's a fun game ... which item of furniture would readers associate with which Hackney Cabinet member?

11:21 am, August 20, 2009

 
Blogger Ravi Gopaul said...

Brilliant clip!

2:03 pm, August 20, 2009

 
Blogger Paul Bell said...

Very funny...stupid woman. Well done Barney!

2:33 pm, August 20, 2009

 
Blogger Merseymike said...

He is a brave man - the first openly gay senior politician in the US and not afraid to speak out for what he believes in

6:01 pm, August 20, 2009

 
Blogger Danny Stone said...

I bloody love BF - met him a few times. Nice guy.

10:58 pm, August 27, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount