A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Electoral College Calculator

This is a neat little toy for calculating scenarios for tonight's vote:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-votemap,1,6739961.htmlstory

My personal prediction is for the following states to switch into the Democrat column: Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Iowa, Ohio, Virginia - a 311-227 Obama victory.

But I have to confess to being completely nervous about this one - it just feels too good to come true.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark Still News said...

In the USA both Democrat and Republican are both Imperialist Dictatorships. In the USA you have the elected government and the non-elected government containing the C.I.A.,Mafia and Capitalist parasites. Even those Radical democrats are not powerful enough to bring decent policies in. Clinton tried to bring an NHS style Health service in, but the Gangsters and Fascists closed ranks and made sure the parasite system of private health care remained.

4:05 pm, November 04, 2008

 
Blogger Ravi Gopaul said...

Yeah, the missus, like your good self is feeling nervous McCain will pull something out the bag (a la 1992 UK general election).

Personally I think Obama will win it, but whatever the result it is good for US democracy (especially seeing queues of voters waiting to place their vote). Turn out looks high; yesterday pundits were predicting in some states turnout could near 90%

I agree with Mark in that Obama is hardly ideal (I'm sure I'll disagree with him on some issues), but in my opinion, he is leagues better than McCain and Mrs Clinton, which is why I backed him over a year ago.

Chris, who had his reservations on Obama I felt, was slightly vindicated on Newsnight last night. Paxman asked a number of Obama voters why they voted for him and all he got was some vague answer of change, but no one actually knew what that meant.

I see a lot of Blair in his style, photogenic and an excellent wordsmith, let’s hope he proves himself to be an excellent president as he does an orator, my fingers are crossed!!!

4:39 pm, November 04, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama will win this one very easily. I think Obama will be a good president but I still believe that Hilary Clinton would have been the better choice.

Although McCain I feel is probably too honest to be a republican and his choice of running mates is simply strange.

5:42 pm, November 04, 2008

 
Blogger Chris Paul said...

Not Indiana?

12:18 am, November 05, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount