A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Monday, November 03, 2008

Banned in Turkey

A friend who tried to check this blog from Turkey got the following message (persumably due to me spending too much time eating in several of Stoke Newington's great Kurdish cafes and restaurants):


"Bu siteye erişim mahkeme kararıyla engellenmiştir.
T.C. Diyarbakır 1. Sulh Ceza Mahkemesi 20.10.2008 tarih ve 2008/2761 sayılı kararı gereği bu siteye erişim engellenmiştir.
Access to this web site has been suspended in accordance with decision no: 2008/2761 of T.R. Diyarbakır 1st Criminal Court of Peace."

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark Still News said...

I would never go to Turkey until they leave the occupied part of Cyprus!

Here are some of the atrocities they done in the killing fields of North Cyprus!



'My fiance and six men were shot dead. The Turkish soldiers laughed at me and then I was raped.
GREEK CYPRIOT GIRL AGED 20

'The Turkish soldiers cut off my father's hands and legs. Then they shot him while I watched.
GREEK CYPRIOT WOMAN AGED 32

'They shot the men. My friend's wife said 'Why should I live without my husband?' A soldier shot her in the head.
GREEK CYPRIOT FARMER AGED 51

A HORRIFYING story of atrocities by the Turkish invaders of Cyprus emerged today. It was told by weeping Greek Cypriot villagers rescued by United Nations soldiers.

10:01 pm, November 03, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still prefer to call Turkey Constantinople....

10:12 pm, November 03, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did mean the capital of turkey....

10:15 pm, November 03, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excited about being banned? I think you are just envious of Iain Sinclair and all the attention he is getting.

5:21 am, November 05, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount