A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What were you doing when you heard about...

I've been tagged by Bob Piper to do Iain Dale's meme about what I was doing when I heard about the following:

Princess Diana's death - 31st August 1997
I was extremely hung-over following my flat-warming party in Earlsfield, South London. I seem to remember Andy Charlwood, now of the Leeds Labour Party, waking me up to tell me.

Margaret Thatcher's Resignation - 22nd November 1990
I was sat in my room at Wills Hall, Bristol University, listening to the radio and putting off writing an essay. Unfortunately the rest of the hall of residence was full of Tories who didn't wish to celebrate this event with me.

Attack on the twin towers - 11 September 2001
I was pitching to do a PR project for a middle eastern country that wanted to boost its tourism. I think they decided not to appoint anyone ...

England's World Cup Semi Final against Germany - 4 July 1990
From the date and the fact I can't remember it, I've deduced I was working the late shift as a General Catering Sales Assistant (= waiter and dish-washer) at the Little Chef, A2 London Bound Gates Service Station.

President Kennedy's Assassination - 22 November 1963
Was 9 years before I was born, so I was definitely not the man on the grassy knoll ...

I'm tagging:
Hopi Sen
Dave Hill
Dave Cole
Colin Byrne
Ewan Watt

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tories were all out of their heads on cocaine

11:16 am, August 26, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well mostly resolving conflicts on behalf of GB and Europe. Falklands, Bosnia, Afghanistan and 2 x Gulf and not forgetting the Foot and Mouth outbreak,

8:38 pm, August 26, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot remember any of these i was high on lsd, heroin and cocaine. I am now in the tiory cabinet.

9:34 pm, August 26, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount