A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Tags

I'm not a great fan of tags, the online equivalent of chain letters, but it seems rude to ignore them:

Jane Griffiths (whose views on Reading Labour Party I definitely don't endorse before anyone asks, being a former colleague of her deselection nemesis Tony Page) says I have to tell you six random things about me. Here goes:

- I like pork scratchings

- I came 2nd in the Kent Schools Orienteering League in 1990

- My second toe is a little bit longer than my big toe (I think this is called Morton's toe and causes problems when you are a runner)

- My favourite computer game is Civilisation III (I always play the Romans, badly)

- I have an A grade in Religious Studies O Level (not bad for an atheist)

- My favourite holiday destination is Ostuni in Puglia


Will Parbury meanwhile has instructed me to
Pick up the nearest book
Open to page 123
Find the fifth sentence
Post the next three sentences
Tag five people and acknowledge who tagged you


Oz Clarke's 250 Best Wines 2008:
"Wine styles go in and out of fashion. Sweet wines had their salad days at the end of the 1990s. This century, well, they've teetered - though some smashing stuff is being made - but to be honest, most high street retailers don't even bother to show their sweet wines at tastings any
more."


I'm tagging:

Ewan Watt
Ben Locker
Alix Mortimer
Kris
Conall McDevitt
Theo Blackwell

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Civ 4 is superior in every way

10:52 pm, May 07, 2008

 
Blogger eeore said...

The Romans are ok but they tend to get a bit bogged down towards in the middle game.

Much prefer the English or the Chinese.

1:35 am, May 08, 2008

 
Blogger Quink said...

All done - here's mine.

9:52 am, May 08, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there Luke. Long time reader first time poster.

I was going to post essentially what John Miles said. Get yourself on to Civ 4 and ditch the Romans. Frederick of the Germans is far superior.

12:05 pm, May 08, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke. Please don't tell me that you read Jane Griffiths' vile drivel. You will certainly go down in my estimation.

10:21 pm, May 08, 2008

 
Blogger Ann ODyne said...

anonymous above may be thrilled to know that the infamy of 'Jane Griffiths' has not reached the shores of My Island.

greetings Mr.Akehurst, your Tagee Mr.Locker has tagged me I thank you not.
My father stayed with some British Akehursts while with the RAAF during WW2 ... this is clearly some delayed revenge for their having to tolerate him.

7:51 pm, May 18, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount