A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Pictures

In the comments below someone has had a go about my current picture on this site making me look 13.
My partner Linda agrees that it's a rubbish picture and is urging me to get a new one taken.

In the meantime here are some alternatives. Let me know if you think any of them should replace the current one:

1) Me and my local MP looking chuffed about Labour's landslide victory on Hackney Council:



2) Aged 29 as PPC for Aldershot:

3) Official (and slightly menacing) LB Hackney mugshot:


4) Recent, but too smiley?



On second thoughts maybe it's safer to stick with the current one ...

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for picture number 1!

9:21 pm, March 18, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

None of 'em mate! This picture is your best one yet!

5:30 am, March 19, 2007

 
Blogger Chris Paul said...

Picture 1 is ace giving a fair sense of your complex politics and also the man-from-the-wine/sushibar common touch vital in Walthamstow. Anonymous 5:30am catches the worm with their early bird for you matey. But meanwhile the world keeps on turning and have blogged the end of Meacher HERE. Hope the graphic is forgiven at Meacher Mansions because I have a lot of time for the old chump.

10:44 am, March 19, 2007

 
Blogger Praguetory said...

1 is a bit unclear. 2 is too out-of-date. 3 is as you say menacing and 4 has undertones. Suggest you take another picture of yourself that has a bit of gravitas - maybe at a desk.

10:58 am, March 19, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a dirty Right-wing wanker who should be banned from Labour blogs. All I do is talk shite.

Would you believe it, I actually want Iain Dale, Guido Fawkes, David Cameron and George Osborne to be running the country. Nuts, ain't it? :/

11:16 am, March 19, 2007

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The first one really is Evans-tastic I'm afraid. I'd go for the menacing one, clearly. But then my profile picture is a small black and white cat, so who am I to talk...

11:32 am, March 19, 2007

 
Blogger Luke Akehurst said...

No swearing please or I will switch on comment moderation.

11:33 am, March 19, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd go for three. But then I like to characterize the party right as the baddies so photos of them looking like panto villains are always welcome!

6:22 pm, March 19, 2007

 
Blogger Praguetory said...

Sorry Mr Satirist, I didn't realise this thread was on a matter of such importance. Luke's not a bad-looking chap, just giving him my opinion.

11:31 am, March 20, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No disguising the fact that you are a fat short ginger ugly cunt.

9:09 pm, March 20, 2007

 
Blogger Luke Akehurst said...

Alex

no disguising your rudeness or ignorance.

8:01 am, March 21, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you the lady in picture 1?

8:55 am, March 22, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always found that if in doubt, Photoshop ;-)

7:48 pm, March 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount