A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Betty Boothroyd

Just watching Betty Boothroyd on Newsnight. A pillar of the right when she was on Labour's NEC, her storming TV performance tonight shows she should have been Prime Minister not just Speaker.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice she didn't endorse Gordon....

11:07 pm, March 14, 2007

 
Blogger Luke Akehurst said...

I should add the qualification that I didn't actually agree with most of what she said - just thought the gusto of the presentation was amazing.

7:33 am, March 15, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm relieved by yuor later comment, Luke. I'm afraid I find her irritating in the same way that I find Clare Short and many on the left irritating - people who owe their political careers to the Labour party but think that a decade or so in Parliament give them an absolute right to undermine the Government without thought of the damage they do to the party. In my view they are letting down the hundreds of ordinary members who wokr hard for them without any of the benefits of office that they have been lucky enough to have.

4:18 pm, March 15, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you appreciate Betty's "lame duck comment", Luke? Great one.

8:03 am, March 16, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount