A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Every day is like Sunday

As fellow Labour bloggers The Daily spotted (though they didn't bother to come over and say hallo) Linda and I spent Friday evening at the Morrissey concert at Wembley Arena.

As expected it was fantastic - I even forgive him the lyric

"I've been dreaming of a time whenThe English are sick to death of Labour, And Tories"

as I expect does David Cameron, who was there in the audience too, according to the Sunday Times.

Disappointingly he didn't sing "Margaret on the Guillotine"...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was the end of the gig. Was in the toilet. I thought discretion was the better part of valor. Next time I promise to say hello.

Great concert I thought, despite being at Wembley Arena - my least favourite venue in London. I also whince at the "sick to death of Labour" line.

9:29 pm, December 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd add that the lyrics to 'Irish blood, English Heart' probably over-estimate the groundswell of affection for (or even name-recognition of) Oliver Cromwell amongst the current generation of voters.

11:52 am, December 11, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The funny thing is, if Morrissey met you he would certainly hate you.

12:10 pm, December 11, 2006

 
Blogger Luke Akehurst said...

Only if I mentioned food or politics ...

I don't consider myself remotely worthy of meeting him anyway.

12:39 pm, December 11, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only was David Cameron there, he didn't have a tube ticket!

4:44 pm, December 11, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Luke, classic pub question: Morrissey, or the Smiths?

5:00 pm, December 11, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you didn't mention food or politics I might find you tolerable. Agreed that its unlikely you'll meet.

7:15 pm, December 11, 2006

 
Blogger Luke Akehurst said...

Tom - Smiths

Anecdotal - I could probably manage a conversation with him about our shared affection for Italy without mentioning food and with probably a shared perspective on Italian as opposed to UK politics.

8:08 pm, December 11, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I'm glad you've scoped out some common ground in case you meet the great misery...

9:27 pm, December 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount