A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Voting time

A perfect opportunity has been created for my online fan club to vent their spleen by voting against me for something ... Paul Burgin has created a fantasy deputy leadership where the candidates are Labour bloggers - he's put me down as one of 10 candidates - you can vote here:

http://pauldburgin.labourhome.org/story/2006/11/20/9131/2158

Of course positive support is also welcome, though I am not holding my breath until I get my first vote.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still torned between you and Kerron Cross (who, in the meantime between now and 2022, has became Karen Cross after a little op and has been selected through an AWS- a Labour policy he currently likes so much)

10:35 am, November 21, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's ok - you can vote for more than 1 candidate in true Labour Party style.

In such vein, I hope Mr Burgin is logging where the votes have come from in a slightly more sophisticated way than Labour Students used to with a pencil number written on the back of the ballot given to you in a sealed envelope.....

8:16 pm, November 21, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the looks of things you don't appear to be doing too badly! ;-)

12:03 am, November 22, 2006

 
Blogger Luke Akehurst said...

The silent majority speaks ...

7:59 am, November 22, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha - who was 'anonymous'!!??

Luke (not sure you'll answer this...) - were you still NLS secretary the year Michael Dugher 'won' the Vice Chair election? Honestly can't remember if it was after your time or not (I did hang about an uncommonly long time...) - I thought I was still at York at the time, so you were likely to be involved... Was the 'redistribution' of ballot papers as disgraceful and shameless as legend suggests?

3:16 pm, November 23, 2006

 
Blogger Luke Akehurst said...

Yes I was National Secretary in the year of the Mike Bunny vs Dugher fight.

However, LP staff (Sally Randi and Cathy Parry) rather than us NOLS officers oversaw internal elections so can't comment on the process.

I think I hung around for longer than you - started in NOLS in 1990, finished in 96 but on steering committee for 97 and 98 (the McGowan vs Diamond election) and still VP of ECOSY until 01.

3:35 pm, November 23, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount