A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Some random links

Some random links:

Hate my Tory: http://hatemytory.com/rate.html
I have to confess that some of them are more "have you ever heard of this Tory" than "hate this Tory" but a few of them are good reminders that not all Dave's footsoldiers are that cuddly.

Second Guess: http://www.hamm.co.uk/sg/
This is Alex Hilton's effort to "use the wisdom of crowds to guess which MPs will support which other MPs for leadership or deputy leadership of the Labour Party". It needs some more people to register and take part as at the moment some of the names in the list of McDonnell supporters are hilariously inaccurate...

Claws Four: http://nsblog.co.uk/clawsfour
A very politically sound cat, who has linked to me so I'm returning the favour.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I hadn't seen that you could look at 'current supporters' on Alex's "Second Guess" thing... Yes, one or two rum ones, and not just on John's. There are a couple of names on Michael Meacher's list and even Gordon Brown's list who I know have already declared their support for McDonnell! Oh well, I'm sure the wisdom of crowds will sort itself out eventually. There is a slight problem that it can't distinguish between a knowing '100%' and a wishful '100%'...

4:38 pm, October 12, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I registered to the Second Guess thing...but so far I just "guessed" the ones I was sure about (because they said it in the press or are known as firmly being in someone's camp)

If you want to pass some first hand info on how Diane can vote....

5:53 pm, October 12, 2006

 
Blogger Luke Akehurst said...

Diane I would say is wavering between Brown and McDonnell (who fell out with her over her son's schooling) and wanted a more credible left challenger. I think based on her last GC report that she buys the argument that McDonnell should get nominated so there is a contest for members to vote in.

6:00 pm, October 12, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice links Luke. Hatemytory is awesome, but it could do with a few more well known faces.

It's difficult getting the criteria. who do I hate most, the incompetant or the dangerous? Hmmm...

6:08 pm, October 12, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke, thanks for the reply re DA's voting intentions.

I actually agree with her that there should be a contest.

8:39 pm, October 12, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount