A blog by Luke Akehurst about politics, elections, and the Labour Party - With subtitles for the Hard of Left. Just for the record: all the views expressed here are entirely personal and do not necessarily represent the positions of any organisations I am a member of.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

The week in Smiths & Morrissey Songs

Guest post by Linda Smith.

The boy with a thorn in his side/There is a light that never goes out: How Soon is Now?/You just haven't earned it yet baby:

Bigmouth strikes again:


I started something I couldn't finish:


Vicar in a tutu:


I am hated for loving:

Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me:


Satan rejected my soul:


In the future when all's well:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cllr Linda Smith writes: "Vicar in a tutu:"

Linda dear, are you mocking him because of his professed faith or sexual orientation or both? Or maybe you are ever so slightly envious because he'd look better in a tutu than some other people we know?

Go on, do tell!

6:24 am, September 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Vicar in a tutu:"


I thought he prefered YFronts to tuto!

To be fair, Gordon's photo is one of his best one. He's usually attacked for not smilin, for being dour and in that photo he had one of his best smiles.

If Hazel Blears is the future, God helps Labour (and I once liked her when she was at the Home Office)

8:01 am, September 10, 2006

 
Blogger kris said...

Gordon's just been on tv saying that his cat that got the cream smile the other day was due to a discussion of his new baby...Christ save us.

10:04 am, September 10, 2006

 
Blogger kris said...

oh dear, not very pc. Change previous to "the God of your understanding save us".

10:06 am, September 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me"

(Pick your own photo!!!)

5:57 pm, September 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ought to look at your blog carefully before typing comments, oughtn't I... You already had that one! Ah well... Not sure Alan Milburn was the best candidate for it though...

6:04 pm, September 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh come on! There are so many to choose from!

I don't owe you anything (Tony to Gordon)

Please, please, please let me get what I want this time (Gordon)

Barbarism Begins At Home

Strangeways here we come (for those in cash for peerages difficulties)

Oscillate Wildly - (the PLP)

Ringleader of the Tormentors (Tom Watson)

and of course, The World is Full of Crashing Bores for all the commentariat.

8:04 pm, September 10, 2006

 
Blogger Quink said...

(Electorate to PLP) What Difference Does it Make?

8:32 am, September 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount